Do You Have An Emergency Communication Plan For When Disaster Strikes Bear, DE?
What Is An Emergency Communication Plan And Why Should You Prepare One?
Your family may not be together if a disaster strikes, so it is important to think about the following situations and plan just in case. Consider the following questions when making a plan:
- How will my family/household get emergency alerts and warnings?
- How will my family/household get to safe locations for relevant emergencies?
- How will my family/household get in touch if cell phone, internet, or landline doesn’t work?
- How will I let loved ones know I am safe?
- How will family/household get to a meeting place after the emergency?
Here Are A Few Easy Steps To Start Your Emergency Communication Plan:
- Understand How To Receive Emergency Alerts And Warnings.
Make sure all household members are able to get alerts about an emergency from local officials. Check with your local emergency management agency to see what is available in your area, and learn more about alerts by visiting: ready.gov/alerts.
- Discuss Family Plans For Disasters That May Affect New Castle County, DE And Plan Where To Go.
Plan together in advance so that everyone in the household understands where to go during a different type of disaster like a hurricane, tornado, or flooding.
- Collect Information.
Create a paper copy of the contact information for your family that includes:
- phone (work, cell, office)
- social media
- medical facilities, doctors, service providers
- Identify Information And Pick An Emergency Meeting Place.
Things To Consider:
- Decide on safe, familiar places where your family can go for protection or to reunite.
- Make sure these locations are accessible for household members with disabilities or access and functional needs.
- If you have pets or service animals, think about animal-friendly locations.
Examples Of Meeting Places:
- In Your Neighborhood:A mailbox at the end of the driveway, or a neighbor’s house.
- Outside Of Your Neighborhood:library, community center, place of worship, or family friend’s home.
- Outside Of Bear, DE:home of a relative or family friend. Make sure everyone knows the address of the meeting place and discuss ways you would get there.
- Share Information.
Make sure everyone carries a copy in his or her backpack, purse, or wallet. You should also post a copy in a central location in your home, such as your refrigerator or family bulletin board.
- Practice Your Plan.
- For parents (PDF)
- For kids (PDF)
- For transit commuters (PDF)
- For your wallet (PDF)
- Steps to make a plan (PDF)
- Tips on emergency alerts and warnings (PDF)
When disaster hits your property in Bear, DE and you need restoration services, Call SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE at (302) 392-6000
- New Castle County, DE Celebrates National Preparedness Month
- Preparation Is Key…Have A Disaster Plan
- Make A Disaster Plan Before A Disaster Strikes
- Prepare Your Emergency Survival Kit In Advance
- Understand How To Receive Emergency Alerts And Warnings In New Castle County, DE
- SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE & The American Red Cross Join Forces For A Greater Cause
- Never A Convenient Time For A Disaster To Strike Your New Castle County, DE Commercial Property.
SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE understands the stress and worry that comes with a fire or water damage and the disruption it causes your life and in your home or business. Our goal is to help minimize the interruption to your life and quickly make it "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial properties after a fire damage, smoke damage, water damage and/or mold contamination, as well as provides trauma cleanup, vandalism cleanup, carpet cleaning and duct cleaning services for your home or business.
Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certifications, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge and experience to restore your property. With a nationwide system of qualified franchises, no damage is too large or too small for SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE.
If you would like to schedule service for your home or business, please call us at (302) 392-6000 today!
Visit us online to meet our team and learn more about our services.