How to Avoid Mold Growth in Your Bathroom
Bathroom Cleaning Routine That Will Help You Avoid Mold Growth
Bathrooms are the least favorite room for homeowners to clean. However, dust, dirt, grime, and moisture sitting on your bathroom surfaces can lead to mold and mildew. So, why avoid the cleanup and put your family’s health at risk? Bathrooms should be cleaned weekly, but there’s also little things that can be done daily that can help make that weekly cleanup seem less daunting.
Daily Bathroom Cleaning Routine:
- After a shower, squeegee your tiles to remove the excess water
- Keep the shower stall door or curtains open after a shower for at least 10 minutes to help exhaust the humidity that has built up inside
- Close the shower curtains afterwards to help dry them so moisture doesn’t get trapped when they are bunched up when closed
- Empty garbage bins every other day. Think of what gets thrown out: wet naps, damp paper towels, Kleenexes, tissue paper, etc. After a few days, your garbage bin can start to get musty and moldy
- Hang towels right away after a bath or shower. Leaving them on the floor can lead to musty odors
- Run your exhaust fans or open windows during your shower and keep them open/on afterwards for at least 20 minutes
Weekly Bathroom Cleaning Routine:
As a result, the main objective is to keep moisture levels to a minimum
- Toilet bowls
- Shower head; build-up can occur causing mold and clogging, preventing you from having a relaxing shower experience.
- Counters and sinks
- Walls and floors; dust, grime, hair is mold food when left on surfaces for too long
- Shower mats
- Replace hand and bath towels with fresh, clean linens
- Door handles, faucets can hold onto bacteria
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same.
- Emergency Contact - (302) 392-6000
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
If You See Signs of Mold, Call SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE – (302) 392-6000
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Related Mold Services
- Mold Restoration Process
- Overview of Mold Services
- Mold Damage Tips
- What Is Black Mold?
- Mold "Removal" vs Remediation
- Caring For Your Belongings
- Odor Removal
- Commercial Mold Remediation
Why Choose SERVPRO of Bear / New Castle?
SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle is locally owned and operated, and serves Bear, New Castle, Glasgow, Christiana, Delaware City, St. Georges, Corbit, Wilmington Manor, Minquadale, and the surrounding New Castle County communities.
Our certified cleaning and restoration specialists are faster to any size disaster. Providing emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays. You can expect an immediate response time, day or night.
24/7 Fire Damage Restoration Service - 24/7 Water Damage Restoration Service - 24/7 Flood Damage Service - 24/7 Sewage Damage & Sewage Removal Service - 24/7 Mold Remediation Service - 24/7 Bio-hazard Cleanup - 24/7 Suicide & Crime Cleanup - 24/7 Board-up and Roof Tarping