Fire Damage Photo Gallery

Why You Need Professional Fire Restoration

The particles in the smoke contain unburned carbon that can be difficult to remove after a fire. Furthermore, not all particles are alike, and it takes a multi-step process to eliminate them. It’s a job for professionals who have years of training and expertise in fire damage restoration.

Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle - (302) 392-6000

Space Heater Safety

Space Heaters Provide Warmth, but If Used Incorrectly They Can Be Dangerous.

According to the National Fire Protection Association, space heaters cause 43 percent of home heating fires each year, which are the second leading cause of fire-related deaths. In addition to the risk of fire, space heaters that use kerosene, propane, and natural gas pose an additional risk of releasing carbon dioxide (CO2), carbon monoxide (CO), and nitrogen dioxide into the air if they aren't properly vented, which can lead to serious health problems and even death.

Call SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE at (302) 392-6000

Get an Estimate on Fire Restoration

When a fire damages your home, you want to know how much the repairs will cost. This type of estimate relies on a variety of factors, including:

  •  Who does the repairs
  • How long the fire burned
  • What fueled the fire
  • How long the restoration takes

Although so many elements affect the price, you may be able to get a quote if you work with the right people.

Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (302) 392-6000

Your Belongings After a Fire

Documents, Books and Photograph Drying

When your valuable documents, including books and photographs, are damaged by water or fire, extreme caution should be taken to help ensure the fire damage does not destroy the document. Although some documents may not be restored to pre-fire damage condition, SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle can save a great deal and help minimize additional damage. 

Learn more about our five document restoration methods 

Ceilings and Walls After a Fire

No Job Is Too Large or Ceiling Too High

Heavily soot can attach to the ceiling and a fan in a room that the fire did not even occur in.

You can trust SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle to handle any tricky cleaning after a fire affected your house, even these high walls and ceiling.

Returning your home to its preloss condition after a fire is not always an easy task, but Elizabeth and her crew are working hard to make it “Like it never even happened.”

Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree how lovely are thy branches.

Christmas trees bring lights, joy and happiness into our homes during the holiday season, however they also bring risk of fires that could damage your home!

According to the American Christmas Tree Association (ACTA) Christmas trees alone result in $13 million in property damage each year.  

CLICK HERE for tips on keeping your holiday safe and to be fire free.  

SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle wishes you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!  

Bad Habits You Should Break

Bad Habits That Could Burn Down Your House

Are you guilty of these bad habits?

  1. Piling Up Dirty Rags
  2. Misusing Electric Blankets
  3. Neglecting Appliance Recalls
  4. Lingering Dryer Lint
  5. Letting Your Laptop Overheat
  6. Choosing the Wrong Wattage
  7. Using Too Many Extension Cords
  8. Performing DIYs You're Not Qualified to Do
  9. Disregarding Dust
  10. Storing Batteries Improperly
  11. Ignoring Uninvited Pesty Guests
  12. Forgetting the Chimney Sweep
  13. Overlooking the Range Hood
  14. Arranging Furniture Unwisely

CLICK HERE for 14 Bad Habits That Could Burn Down Your House

Have Smoke or Fire Damage? Call (302) 392-6000

Reducing the Risk of Electrical Fires in Your Bear, DE Home Can Be Simple

Electrical Fires

With technology and electronic accessories being an inescapable part of day-to-day activities, it means that electricity is in high-demand and is working around the clock in our homes. Homes today are generating a tremendous amount of electricity, and the greater the electric load, the greater the risk of electric-related fires.

When fire and water damage strikes, a fast response is critical. We’re dedicated to responding immediately to your Bear, DE home or business. A faster response helps to prevent secondary damage and to reduce cost.

Call SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE at (302) 392-6000

Leaf Burning Prohibited in New Castle County, Delaware

There Are Rules Regarding Open Burning That Delaware Residents Must Obey.

With autumn leaves beginning to fall, SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE reminds residents that burning leaves is prohibited in the state of Delaware.

SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE takes great pride in being an active member of this community. We want to do our part to ensure the community thrives by keeping the area safe and making it the best it can be. 

For help with a fire loss at your home or business Call SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, De (302) 392-6000

Tips You Can Be Thankful For

Thanksgiving Fire Safety Tips That Make Preventing A Cooking Fire Simple

Thanksgiving is the nation’s leading day for cooking fires. According to the National Fire Protection Association, the number of cooking fires on Thanksgiving is three times as high as on any other day of the year.

Don’t let a cook fire put a damper on your holiday fun.  Call SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE at (302) 392-6000

Newark, DE: Local Hotel Fire

Commercial Fire Damage

SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE received a call about a fire that took place in a local hotel.  When we arrived onsite we realized quickly that the water used to put out the fire caused more damage than the actual fire  

There is no size disaster that SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE can not handle.  

Commercial Fire or Water Damage? Call Us Today – (302) 392-6000

Smoke & Soot Damage

Smoke & Soot Spreads Throughout The Entire Residence

SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE responded to a fire in Glasgow, DE. The fire was a result of a frying pan that caught on fire.  The smoke and soot spread throughout the entire residence, affecting each room with a layer of soot and an odor that needed to be cleaned.  

Each room was cleaned thoroughly to eliminate the soot and the odor.  You can see from this picture the a thick layer of soot covering this door on the 2nd floor of the home.

If You Have Questions or Need Help, Call Us Today – (302) 392-6000

CONTENTS RESTORATION IN BEAR, DE

Fire Damaged Artwork

From furniture to antiques to artwork and appliances, we'll treat your treasures with the care they deserve. 

In this image you can see how SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE’s Fire Restoration team was able to remove the soot from this framed artwork after a house fire in Bear, DE

If You Have Questions or Need Help, Call Us Today – (302) 392-6000

Cookware After A Wilmington, DE Kitchen Fire

Cookware After A Fire

Cookware is built to endure extremely high temperatures. Most pots and pans are made of steel and iron. Their placement within confined spaces helps them survive the not-so-severe fires.

In this image you can see the damage caused by a kitchen fire and how SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE’s team was able to clean and make it “Like it never even happened.”

Fire damage, including smoke and soot, affects not only the structure of your house but also your belongings. SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE understands your family’s furniture, clothing, keepsakes, and other belongings make your house more than a structure; they make it home.

Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – (302) 392-6000

Fire Damage In Bear, DE

Chemical Dry Sponge - Soot Damage.

SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle’s fire restoration technicians use this Dry Cleaning Sponge to clean ceilings, walls, blinds, lamp and window shades and much more that have been soot damaged in this Bear, De house fire

The use of chemical dry sponges aides the mitigating process of any loss by determining what can be repaired instead of replaced. SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE partners with the insurance industry to reduce claims and make their and our customers whole.

Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?

Call Us Today – (302) 392-6000

Smoke & Heat Damage Caused By A New Castle County, DE Fire

Damages Caused By A Fire.

The structure and contents from this home suffered from burning, heat damage, charring, smoke damage, and water damage.  Many materials were destroyed in the fire, being partially or wholly consumed in the process of combustion. But, most of the damage occurred from the heat, and smoke residues which impact materials.

Learn more about the different kinds of damage from SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE at (302) 392-6000.

Ultrasonic Machine

SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE - Ultrasonic Cleaning

Our Ultrasonic Machine is located in our Bear, De office. This machine is used to clean many different items including items damaged by mold or soot.  We can clean some electronics, jewelry, family heirlooms, light fixtures, etc.  

Ultrasonic Cleaning Benefits;

  • Deep and even clean
  • Delicate cleaning for those delicate items
  • High speed & energy efficient cleaning
  • Minimal chemicals

Ultrasonic works with high-frequency ultrasonic vibrations, along with the special cleaning solutions, to create the effect of millions of tiny bubbles which breakdown contaminants off the target surface without the need for scrubbing.