FIRE SAFETY TIPS FOR CANDLES AND CHRISTMAS TREES
Facts about home holiday fires:
· One in every three home Christmas tree fires is caused by electrical problems.
· Although Christmas tree fires are not common, when they do occur, they are more likely to be serious. On average, one of every 31 reported home structure Christmas tree fires result in a death, compared to an average of one death per 144 total reported home structure fires.
· A heat source too close to the tree causes roughly one in every four of Christmas tree fires.
· Candles can be dangerous too
More than half (56 percent) of home candle fires occur when something that can catch on fire is too close to the candle.
· December is the peak time of year for home candle fires.
Source: National Fire Protection Association
https://www.usfa.fema.gov/downloads/pdf/statistics/holiday_infographic.pdf to download the fun, info-graphic poster from FEMA to learn how to put a FREEZE on winter holiday fires.
DON'T FORGET TO WATER YOUR LIVE CHRISTMAS TREES!!!!!
Ever wondered how much more flammable a dry Christmas tree was compared to one that's watered regularly? Click this link and let the National Fire Protection Agency show you!
SERVPRO of Upper Darby, PA & SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE, proudly serves those in need! We will be on site quickly and our staff will give you the personalized attention you deserve. We specialize in the cleanup of water damage, fire damage, smoke damage, mold removal, trauma cleanup, vandalism cleanup, carpet cleaning and duct cleaning. Let us help you make it, “Like it Never Even Happened!” Visit either of our websites for assistance. Pennsylvania customers visit –www.SERVPROofupperdarby.com or www.SERVPROofbearnewcastle.com if you’re located in Delaware. To speak to a qualified team member, call 1-877-352-0700.