Avoiding Water Damage From Sump Pump Failure
If Your Sump Pump Fails, Your Delaware City Basement Could Begin To Fill With Water.
If you have a basement, your sump pump is often your last line of defense against flooding. It works by safely diverting water away from your house and is especially important during times of heavy rain when it puts your Delaware City, DE home at risk of water damage. If your sump pump fails, you could find your basement under water. When this happens, it is important to act fast! Water damage can be a progressive issue and if not dealt with in a timely manner, this could lead to structural damage, mold and much more.
Is My Sump Pump Working? Tips to Avoid Water Damage
- It is important to make sure your sump pump is in working order. Otherwise you risk the chance that It could fail when you need it most.
- After heavy rains, check the sump pump inlet screen for any blockages, one of the leading causes of sump pump failure.
- Occasionally, test your sump pump to ensure it is working properly. You can do this by filling the pit with water and watch to see if it is pumped away. If not, you may have a problem.
- Check the float control to make sure it is free and not restricted or hung up.
- Replace the battery backup every 2-3 years. The last thing you need is to find out your batter backup is dead in the middle of a power outage during a big storm.
Have Water or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today – (302) 392-6000
Our Water Damage Restoration Process
Every water damage situation is a little different, and requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for the “typical” water damage emergency.
Water Damage Repair and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Water Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Water Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Water Inspection, Extraction, and Drying Equipment
When your Delaware City home has water damage from flooding or leaks, you need the company that can respond immediately and has the expertise and equipment to properly restore your property. SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE uses advanced water damage inspection and extraction equipment to help them find the moisture and to remove it as quickly as possible. Our highly trained technicians will monitor and document the drying process so that you know your property is back to normal.
Please refer to our Water Damage Tips—Until Help Arrives Guide and follow these tips to protect yourself and your property.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE is locally owned and operated—so we are part of this community too. We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Flood Clean Up Tips For Homeowners In Bear, DE
- Highly Trained Restoration Specialists in Delaware City, DE
- The SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile Advantage
- There's Never A Convenient Time For A Disaster To Strike Your New Castle County, DE Commercial Property.
- Get Your Ducts In Order
- SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE & The American Red Cross Join Forces For A Greater Cause
- WHAT TO DO UNTIL HELP ARRIVES AFTER A WATER DAMAGE IN NEW CASTLE, DE
- Flood Clean Up Tips For Homeowners In Delaware City, DE
- Faster to your Corbit, DE Water Damage
- New Castle County, DE Celebrates National Preparedness Month