Understand How To Receive Emergency Alerts And Warnings In New Castle County, DE
Emergency Alerts Sent To Your Mobile Devices Help Keep You Safe During A Disaster In New Castle County, DE
Emergency Alerts are sent by authorized government alerting authorities through your mobile carrier. Government partners include local and state public safety agencies, FEMA the FCC, the Department of Homeland Security, and the National Weather Service. Alerts received at the right time can help keep you safe during an emergency. Emergency Alerts can be sent to your mobile device when you may be in harm’s way, without need to download in app or subscribe to a service.
5 Different Ways To Set Up Your Emergency Alerts To Your Cell Phone.
- National Updates
Receive updates regarding National Security from Homeland Security, the latest outbreaks from CDC, and computer threats from US-CERT. These notifications are issued through WEA- Wireless Emergency Alerts. If you have ever received an Amber Alert it’s coming from the WEA, which is a default setting in most cell phones.
- Statewide Activity Updates
Do a Google search for a Public Warning System for Delaware. This will allow you to customize your alerts specifically to Delaware.
- Weather Apps For Smart Phones And Tablets
You can receive custom weather alerts from your state or city while customizing the level of warning you want to receive. Apple users can download NOAA Radar Pro and android users can download the app Pro Weather Alert. These apps can range from $2- $3, and is worth every penny to keep you and your family notified of weather emergencies and dangers.
The FEMA text message program informs you of safety tips for specific disaster types, and allows you to search for open shelters and disaster recovery centers.
- Apple devices-text APPLE to 43362 (4FEMA)
- Android devices-text ANDROID to 43362 (4FEMA)
- Blackberry devices-text BLACKBERRY to 43362 (4FEMA)
- Survivehive Alert Center
For those of you that are like me and hate cluttering up your email and social media, this is the resource for you. Stay up to date with the latest disaster/emergency, terrorism, disease outbreak, significant earthquake, and severe weather alerts all from one site.
When disaster hits your property and you need restoration services, Call SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE at (302)392-6000
- New Castle County, DE Celebrates National Preparedness Month
- Preparation Is Key…Have A Disaster Plan
- Make A Disaster Plan Before A Disaster Strikes
- Prepare Your Emergency Survival Kit In Advance
- Understand How To Receive Emergency Alerts And Warnings In New Castle County, DE
- SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE & The American Red Cross Join Forces For A Greater Cause
- Never A Convenient Time For A Disaster To Strike Your New Castle County, DE Commercial Property.
- Do You Have An Emergency Communication Plan For When Disaster Strikes?
- Creating A Home Inventory Checklist Now Can Help You Recover Faster After A Loss in New Castle, DE.
SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE understands the stress and worry that comes with a fire or water damage and the disruption it causes your life and in your home or business. Our goal is to help minimize the interruption to your life and quickly make it "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial properties after a fire damage, smoke damage, water damage and/or mold contamination, as well as provides trauma cleanup, vandalism cleanup, carpet cleaning and duct cleaning services for your home or business.
Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certifications, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge and experience to restore your property. With a nationwide system of qualified franchises, no damage is too large or too small for SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE.
If you would like to schedule service for your home or business, please call us at (302) 392-6000 today!
Visit us online to meet our team and learn more about our services.