Flood Clean Up Tips For Homeowners In Delaware City, DE
Severe Storms Can Lead To Flash Flooding.
Rising water is one of the most frightening problems that a homeowner may face, and the resulting flood clean-up is both costly and time-consuming. It is a scary prospect watching floodwaters creep slowly toward your home. If high water makes an incursion, severe damage and a horrible clutter of muck, debris, and germs may follow.
Acting quickly after the water recedes can decrease the damage and perhaps make some possessions and furniture salvageable. Even carpet may be restorable, depending on the extent and the type of the flooding. Unfortunately, many electronics exposed to the water are typically considered a loss.
Don’t take water damage lightly. Even if the area only had an inch of water, or is just damp, it can become the ideal situation for mold growth within days. Mold may contaminate walls, carpet, furniture, and flooring. It can lead to breathing issues including asthma, and severe illness.
Learn More about Mold and its negative impact on your health.
Have Storm or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today (302) 392-6000
Below are some useful flood clean-up tips for home and business owners. If any mold is suspected, we recommended using the services of an IICRC-certified mold remediation specialist such as SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE rather than attempting clean-up yourself.
- Before going into the house to begin flood clean-up, check for downed power lines, gas leaks, foundation cracks, or other obvious problems.
- If power lines are down near the home, avoid puddles or standing water. Calling on professional help is the best way to avoid injury or electrocution.
- Be on the lookout for wild animals, including snakes. Floodwaters tend to uproot them from their natural areas, and it is possible that they have entered the home or are in the general vicinity.
- While cleaning up, wear protective gear such as boots and rubber gloves.
- Waterlogged cleaning products, paint, batteries, and fuel are contaminated and considered hazardous. Learn more about disposal of these items.
- Discard food items and drinking water if it has come into contact with the flood waters. This includes canned goods and bottled water. Follow the maxim: When in doubt, throw it out!
Why Choose SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle?
SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE understands the stress and worry that comes with a fire or water damage and the disruption it causes your life and in your home or business. Our goal is to help minimize the interruption to your life and quickly make it "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial properties after a fire damage, smoke damage, water damage and/or mold contamination, as well as provides trauma cleanup, vandalism cleanup, carpet cleaning and duct cleaning services for your home or business.
Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certifications, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge and experience to restore your property. With a nationwide system of qualified franchises, no damage is too large or too small for SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE.
If you would like to schedule service for your home or business, please call us at (302) 392-6000 today!
Visit us online to meet our team and learn more about our services.