Spring Cleaning Checklist for any Home or Business
Spring often marks the time when many homes or businesses begin to clean up after a long winter.
The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) has compiled a list of tips for homeowners to remember this spring, but they are no less pertinent to commercial buildings.
1. Identify and tend to high-traffic areas: Start by thoroughly vacuuming areas that see a lot of activity, such as entryways and main living spaces.
2. Clean and rinse hard floors: One of the best ways to keep rugs and carpets clean is to properly maintain wood, stone, and tile.
3. Carefully assess upholstery stains: Dust mites are microscopic creatures that take refuge in places like beds and upholstery.
4. Consider a deep clean of carpets: No matter the pile, carpet is talented at hiding a build-up of oily, sticky soil-attracting residues.
5. Check for moisture-related issues: Do a quick check of ceilings and walls for stains if you experienced heavy snow or rain.
6. Don't forget about HVAC units: There are a number of factors that affect how often HVAC systems need to be cleaned, such as the level of filtration, how often windows are open, the presence of pets and/or smokers, etc.
For more information directly from the IICRC on these tips, Click Here.
SERVPRO of Upper Darby, PA & SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, DE, proudly serves those in need! We will be on site quickly and our staff will give you the personalized attention you deserve. We specialize in the cleanup of water damage, fire damage, smoke damage, mold removal, trauma cleanup, vandalism cleanup, carpet cleaning and duct cleaning. Let us help you make it, “Like it never even happened!” Visit either of our websites for assistance. Pennsylvania customers visit –www.SERVPROupperdarby.com or www.SERVPRObearnewcastle.com if you’re located in Delaware. To speak to a qualified team member, call 1-877-352-0700.