If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (302) 392-6000

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration


Fire Damage Cleanup After a Candle Fire in Townsend

A bedroom fire caused by a candle left this Townsend home with heavy smoke and soot damage. Our team responded immediately and began emergency services.

When an accident happens, and a fire is caused by an unattended candle in your home, the damage left behind needs to be taken care of as quickly as possible. The longer it sits, the more damage can be done by acidic smoke and soot left behind. Plus, if the fire was extinguished with water, the water can continue to do additional damage as well. 

After a fire, the cleaning process for ceilings and walls has to consider whether the cleaned surface requires painting afterward or not. When smoke residues are light, we use dry sponge cleaning or wet cleaning, which should be sufficient enough to get rid of all the residues. 

Cleaning by itself might not be successful for all ceilings and walls which were impacted by moderate-to-heavy smoke residues when cleaning cannot get rid of all residues, SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle’s techs seal and repaint the affected surfaces. Smoke residues have to be still cleaned to prep the surface before we apply sealants, paints, or primers. We call this clean for paint, or prep for paint. 

At SERVPRO of Bear/New Castle, we understand the importance of cleaning up all smoke and soot residues after a fire in your home in New Castle County. You can be sure that when you contact us at (302) 392-6000, you get professionals who take the time to restore your home after a fire thoroughly.