Moldy Windows In New Castle, DE
What To Do With Mold In Your Windows
Most people do not even realize they have mold growing on their windows. On most homes, mold begins to grow at the bottom of the windows at the joint between the glass and window sash frame as seen in these photos. Large amounts of mold can potentially be dangerous to you and your family’s health. While window mold does not typically feed on windows themselves, it can destroy wood window frames. Staying on top of the mold in your windowsills and home will benefit your windows and health. We can help you stay on top of your mold problem and remedy any damages that have occurred.
When removing mold from your windows, it is important to understand that safety comes first.
- Before you begin, always put on safety googles, gloves and a dust mask. You want to make sure you do not ingest the dangerous spores that the mold can release into the air.
- It is also very important that there is adequate ventilation in the room. Open a window or door so the mold spores can escape, instead of staying locked in your home.
- Make a mixture of one part bleach to three parts warm water. Scrub the mold off of the windowsill using a non-abrasive brush and frequently dip the brush in the bleach mixture. Use a clean rag to then wipe away the mold you loosened.
- Allow the windowsill to dry completely before you close the window. Wipe off any remaining residue.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (302) 392-6000
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Bear / New Castle, DE is close by and ready to help with your mold-damaged property. We are proud to be an active member of the Bear community and want to pitch in and help make our community the best it can be.
When a major storm or event occurs, we can call upon our national network of 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams if we need additional resources or personnel.
We are proud to serve our local communities: